Tuesday 5 September 2017

Buddha Speaks - Remembering Old Wrongs

image

I was sitting with a group of friends and the discussion came up about family and the things that disappoint you or bother you about family members and their traits.

The most common trait that the friends brought up was that one or two members in the family remembered and brought up any wrong that they thought had been done to them, whether it was real or just their perception.  The list of hurts was surprising.  Things like:

  • they served me a cold meal
  • they did not make me feel welcome
  • they laughed at .. "something"
  • they didn't give me a good present
  • they didn't remember my birthday, or anniversary, or…
  • they didn't treat me as special
  • they didn't appreciate all the work that I went to
  • they didn't appreciate what I did for them
  • they didn't appreciate how far I travelled

The list was much longer, and, I am sure that you get the idea.  The other common trait was that all of the sufferers were also very sad or angry.  They typically were not pleasant people to be around. 

The conclusion was that "something" caused the person to be sad/angry/depressed and that this made them turn everything in their lives into a slight towards them or a deliberate action of hurt.  Is there a cure?  Most in the circle thought not.  They believed the condition was self inflicted, by carrying the memory of all wrongs.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy