Thursday 23 July 2015

Buddha Speaks - A Wonderful Story

image

 

I read this story on the Lion’s Roar website, and it is so good, I need to share it.  You can check out the Lion’s Roar at www.lionsroar.com

I love this story because it brings back so many memories about my childhood.  I am grateful to Ira Sukrungruang for writing this to share.

 

Playing With Buddha

BY IRA SUKRUNGRUANG | JULY 3, 2015

 

“The Buddha is with you,” his mother used to say. “Believe in him.” At age seven, Ira Sukrungruang believed that the Buddha was more than a bronze statue. The Buddha was his best friend.

I used to stare at the meditating Buddha in our living room: his straightbacked posture, his wide shoulders and narrow waist, his elegant hands resting humbly in his lap. This statue sat on a shelf seven feet high. Around him were other Buddhas, two yellow candles, and a cup of rice to hold incense sticks. He could rest comfortably in my palm and weighed no more than a couple of pounds. Yet he was heavy in spiritual weight, my father always said.

Read the rest of the story at the link below.

http://www.lionsroar.com/playing-with-buddha-september-2012/

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy