Tuesday 8 July 2014

Angels Speak - Who Are You?

 

image

I saw this poster and I wondered at the message.  Does it mean that you identify with your illness or life situation?  Or, does it mean that you identify with your career, and your climb through the corporate structure to establish your credentials?  Does it mean all of the above?

I started thinking about all the ways that I have heard people introduce themselves:

  • I am a single Mom/Dad
  • I have cancer
  • I am an activist for…..
  • I am a struggling student
  • I work for the city of
  • I work for ….

The idea is that we identify with something other than who we are inside.  I talked with a young friend… he is seventeen… and he said that he really did not know who he was.  And, he did not know how to find out who he was. 

He was asking me if he needed to do a quest, or what he could do to understand who he was.   I suggested that he try getting a job because the job will help you find out what you like to do to be useful.  If you do not like what you are doing, then you start looking at what you would like to do.  This applies to all of us at any age.

How do you identify yourself?

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy