Sunday 6 October 2013

From Judy - Discussing Religion and Spirituality

 

To me, religion is an agreement between a group of people about what God is. Spirituality is a one-on-one relationship.
Steve Earle

I am interested that several times, lately, someone comes up to me and tells me that they are spiritual, and then proceeds to describe their religion to me.  Their religion seems to have so many rules and “must do” and “must not do”, I wonder how they can possibly enjoy life.

I enjoy Steve Earle’s comment.  Steve Earle is a singer and song writer who has written hits for movies including Dead Man Walking and Brokeback Mountain, to name two.  His quote talks about spirit and it’s relationship with God or Great Spirit. 

Blessings,

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy