Wednesday 3 July 2013

Buddha Speaks - The Eight Rights of Buddhism

I had a friend come over on the weekend.  She was devastated because she had been fired from her job, by email, based on third hand gossip.  I was so sad for her!  I wondered why an employer would act this way.  And, as I was scrolling through the sites in Chrome, this picture popped up. 

I had an AHA! moment where I knew that  someone had not honored right speech, and the employer was not honorable and ignored right view and right action to spoil someone’s right livelihood.  If ignorance is power, than this was an example of hurtful power in action. 

Always, I ask, what is the lesson here?  The answer that I got was that the person that got hurt (fired) had not been discriminating about who they would work for.  Sometimes, this is hard because you get hired by a Human Resources department and you do not meet the immediate supervisor.  I think that one of the issues is that sometimes, when we find there is a problem, we do not say, “Whoa and stop!  This is a mistake!”  Somewhere, we have learned that “when we make our bed, we must lie in it.” 

I don’t believe that for a second!  We can make choices and we can take right action by saying that we honestly made a mistake.  And, we can start over.

Blessings,

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy