Sunday 3 June 2012

Spirit Animal - Mountain Sheep

                   

Several weeks ago, Roger and I and the dogs spent four days in Radium Hot Springs.  We stayed in a lodge up the side of the mountain.  Everyday, when we took the dogs for their outings, we saw Mountain Sheep.  The Mountain Sheep seemed to show an unusual interest in us.  They would come down the slope towards us, baa-ing.  On one occasion, several ewes chased us down the path.  I use the word “chased” when perhaps all they were was curious. 

I began to wonder why the sheep were so in-our-face the whole time that we were in Radium.  Then I realized that they were telling me, by their actions, to be confident.  They were telling me to go forward and do what I must because, like the sheep, I could be sure footed in uneven ground.  I could be challenged, and not need to worry about falling.

On one outing, we were surrounded by rams.  They simply walked around us so that we were in the center of their ring, and then past us.  I understood that they were telling me that I could butt-heads with anyone, and be sure of victory.  They were also saying that the numbers did not matter.  And, they offered me their strength.

I realized that we were given a unique chance to interact with these wild animals because we were to learn some lessons from them.

I walk with the confidence of the Mountain Sheep, now.

Blessings,

Judy

Judy@angelsandancestors.com

See our websites: www.angelsandancestors.com; legionsofmichael.blogspot.com; www.thestoryoflight.com; webdesign11.com; www.missionearthpublishing.com

I am happy to announce that my book is now available on Amazon.com…

clip_image002

Earth Wisdom Meditations: 111 Contemplations For People Who Love The Earth [Paperback] Judith Hirst (Author) A Kindle version is also available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy