Tuesday 3 January 2012

Spirit Animal - Lion on Sleeping

image

It is interesting, sometimes, that I often wonder if I am ever alone.  Again, sitting in meditation, I get this feeling that someone is watching me.  As I grow more quiet, I hear a heavy, panting type of breathing.  I look around, and there is this very large African Lion on the edge of my space.  I greeted him, and asked him if I could help him. 

“Yes,” he said.  “I have come to give you some wisdom about sleeping.  These are things to share with all out there (meaning in the world).”

I asked him to begin, and this is what he shared.

  • All living creatures must sleep because it is during sleep that great hurts are healed or healing quickly, and that muscles recover.
  • Sleep does not mean that you must sleep for a certain length of time.  Be mindful of when you are feeling tired.  That is the best time to sleep.  Humans seem to go way beyond tiredness and then their bodies cannot sleep because they are too busy working to repair damage done by being over wakeful.
  • The best time to sleep is after a meal.  Then, the digestion can pull the energy it needs to properly and quickly turn food into more energy.  If you keep going after eating, then the energy is split into different areas and the food sits like toxins in your stomach.  The acid may in fact make it toxic.
  • Find a sleep position that gives you the most pleasure, and use that to move through your sleep cycle.  Lions like to sleep in a heap.  Do you feel better with others or on your own?  What ever it is, honour it.

There was the sounds of growling far away, and Lion said farewell, promising to be back in the future to finish his discussion on sleeping.

Judy@angelsandancestors.com See the January 2012 Angels’ magazine  “MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE”  at http://angelsandancestors.com/mag/mag1201.pdf
See our websites: www. angelsandancestors.com;  legionsofmichael.blogspot.comwww.thestoryoflight.comwebdesign11.com;    www.missionearthpublishing.com

3 comments:

  1. I love this post Judy......it seems our lives are always on the go and Thank you for Lion in the wisdom of rest and digest!! Nourishing our bodies needs to become top priority...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you help. My daughter says she sees two ghosts with lion faces. What does this mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, without talking to your daughter, I cannot provide any assistance. Blessings, Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy