Sunday 15 January 2012

Buddha Speaks - Find One Thing

image

Find one thing that makes you feel good and put it into practice. It is through this kind of action that we learn to live in harmony. We can also change others in this way. I know that some people question whether the actions of a single individual can really affect others. But do not waste time worrying about that; just do what feels right to you.

- Nikkyo Niwano, "A Cheerful 'Good Morning'"

Each morning, we go out to work, whether it is to a job or to keep our household going with running kids or with grocery shopping.  Each morning, we need to learn to do things with grace and ease for this makes the whole “getting out of bed” thing much easier on us. 

This was the lesson that I was getting the past several weeks.   The weather was getting colder.  The client projects were getting more demanding, and the day more tiring.  By the time I got home, I was finding it hard to have resources to work with through the evening.  I wondered if I was going to survive the challenge.

Then, in meditation each evening, I would hear “find the beauty in the drive to work”.  I struggled with that thought!  How much beauty is there in the movement of thousands of cars down the highway, especially when three lanes try to squeeze into one to merge on to the highway?  I simply got frustrated with all the drivers that were scared to merge or stopped on the highway, waiting for others to let them in.  This action breaks the flow of traffic.

And then one morning, I began to see some humour in how people were driving.  A few days after that, I began to see the drive to work as a great operatic dance, conducted by several novice conductors.  I realized that I could be a conductor and ask for the traffic to flow with grace and ease.  I soon distracted myself with this new view of traffic and my morning drive is now making me feel good as I drive to the office.

I have found one thing that can change my day.  If you decide to try this, let me know what changes your day.

Many blessings this day,

Judy

Judy@angelsandancestors.com See the January 2012 Angels’ magazine  “MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE”  athttp://angelsandancestors.com/mag/mag1201.pdf
See our websites: www. angelsandancestors.com; legionsofmichael.blogspot.comwww.thestoryoflight.com; webdesign11.com;    www.missionearthpublishing.com

I am happy to announce that my book is now available on Amazon.com…

Earth Wisdom Meditations: 111 Contemplations For People Who Love The Earth

Earth Wisdom Meditations: 111 Contemplations For People Who Love The Earth [Paperback] Judith Hirst (Author) A Kindle version is also available.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy