Monday 8 August 2011

Spirit Animal - Dragonfly

image

Yesterday and today, I am noticing an abundance of dragonflies around the yard, and in the meadows in the park.  They are all colours. 

As I walked up the hill in the park the other day, three dragonflies flew before me, as though the climb signified a huge change in my life.   My walk was similar to dragonflies journey from egg to larvae to transformation as a dragonfly.  It moves up through the water in the different stages.

I wondered what Dragonfly was trying to tell me – that I will be getting my own set of double wings?  Or, that I will be flying high?  Both those ideas ring true.  Or, is Dragonfly trying to tell me that it is the journey that is the most fun?  My mind flashes with possibilities of light.  It feels like something big will happen.

It is hard to believe that some people think of Dragonfly as bad luck.  However, for some people, change is not good, and so bad luck is the label.  Change is not good or bad at the end of the day because it just is.  It is our response that attaches value to the situation. 

Maybe all the dragonflies are working to help me accept simply being in the moment of this day. 

Whatever the reason that Dragonfly has been showing up, I feel happier for seeing it, and I am grateful.

Judy@angelsandancestors.com

The August Angels Magazine “C’est La Vie – August in Paris” is at  www.angelsandancestors.com

See our websites:  legionsofmichael.blogspot.com www.thestoryoflight.com; www.datacloudconsulting.com; www.datacloudconsultingblog.com; webdesign11.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy