Sunday 10 July 2011

Spirit Animal - Hummingbird Visit

Last week, I received a wonderful story about Hummingbird.  I have permission to share this.  Enjoy!

A summer ago I had a hummingbird land near me while I was swimming in the Lake of the Ozarks, it was an incredibly humid day, one of those days that you didn't even get out of the water. It sat where I was floating... for a good solid few minutes, and would hop down every so often and drink some of the water.

clip_image001

(Picture from Allie.  I blew up the hummingbird in the picture below so you could see how comfortable it looks!)

image

It was a really awesome experience... before then, and since, I've always loved hummingbird, their photos, any artwork, seeing them in and around the gardens around my house... I enjoy swallows too... I have swallow ornaments hanging from my ceiling in my bedroom... and hummingbirds as the background of my blog.

I'm not really sure if you check this e-mail often or even do this sort of thing anymore... but is there any certain way to know if that is my "spirit animal?" I know you cannot choose your animal... but how do I know if it has chosen me or not?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Allie

______________

Allie, I will answer your question by saying that spirit animals choose us by spending time with us in non-traditional or non-normal behaviour.  A hummingbird does not normally sit on a spaghetti floater and drink water.  When hummingbird does this, it is honouring you for enjoying the sweetness of life, and shows you that the water is sweet by drinking it.  She shows you too, that at that moment, your life could not be sweeter!

If you are hanging up swallow stuff, then Swallow has touched you in some way, perhaps in dream time, and the stuff that you put up is in honour of this relationship, and to help you stay in touch with swallow’s energy.  It is one of your spirit animal guides.

Please understand that spirit animal guides may change over time, and sometimes, a guide is with you only while you are experiencing a certain situation.  So, your hummingbird may be with you all your life; or, it may suddenly flit away, and a new guide will take its place.  It sounds however, like Swallow is a long term guide.

I have not posted a blog on Swallow.  This is a reminder to me to do so! 

Thank you!

Love and light to you,

Judy

Judy@angelsandancestors.com
The July Angels Magazine  “Summer Freedom” is now up at  www.angelsandancestors.com
See our websites:  legionsofmichael.blogspot.com www.thestoryoflight.com; www.datacloudconsulting.com; www.datacloudconsultingblog.com

1 comment:

  1. MY spirit animal is hummingbird and always will be, As i child I had a wild pet mother that would let me hold her when ever, pet her baby in the nest in front of her, I actually held her male baby a few years later. one time I was talkin about god at a gas station stuck my finger out in the air and a hummingbird landed on it, few months ago i pet a wild one a few times... basically I believe they are super sensitive to thoughts, feelings ect.. more so then we are and even ur "safe" they will be around u... I think they like People.. well good people :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy