Friday 24 June 2011

Spirit Animal - Deer Shows Up Unexpectedly

image

I get many comments on the different blogs that I write.  Sometimes however, a comment tweaks something in my mind, and I know that I must write about it.  The comment that is written below was contributed by an Anonymous source, and, the comment is so appropriate for these times when so many changes are happening.

I will let you read the comment, and then continue with my thoughts.

I was walking down my block on Monday, 6/20. I was in the middle of the block when I realized there was a deer at the end of the block -- a busy intersection. And then it ran in my direction stopping about 15 or 20 feet away from me. It just looked at me. I wasn't afraid, was just in awe at this magnificent creature. And then it started running again and went right by me (within about 5 or 6 feet from me) and down to the other end of the block. Next, the deer came running again, passing me as I watched it kicking up divots in people's lawns. It was so graceful, so powerful. It had the beginnings of antlers on top of it's head - it was so beautiful. I was worried for it being in such a populated neighborhood - this is Chicago. It went down the busy street and turned to go up an alley. I called an emergency number because I was concerned for the deer - I was worried it would run out into traffic, or that someone would hurt it on purpose. It's the closest I've ever been to a deer. Oddly, there had been a news story within the week before about a doe and her fawns near an even busier intersection in another Chicago neighborhood, about 3 to 4 miles southeast of where I live. I believe there is a reason for our encounter, I just don't know what it is yet.

Sometimes, Deer or Rabbit, will show up unexpectedly when you are about to start a quest.  This sounds very mystical and very Arthurian, and yet, it is true!  Because Deer and Rabbit leap, and bound, and are also shy, timid and gentle, they are the perfect spirit animals to have around to begin a quest.

For more info on Spirit Animal  -  Deer, please see the following links.

Spirit Animal - Deer Says To Make Tracks!
Spirit Animal – Doe in the Snow
Spirit Animal – Honouring the Child
From Judy – Christmas Eve Tale of Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
Spirit Animal - White Deer of Boulder Junction
Spirit animal – Indian Tiger And Deer
Spirit Animal – White Tailed Deer Stag
Spirit Animals – Pelican, Deer, and Heron
Spirit Animal - Deer Dancing
Spirit Animal – Deer
Spirit Stag
When Great Spirit Talks Through Deer
Spirit Animals – Deer

judy@angelsandancestors.com

The June Angels Magazine  is up at www.angelsandancestors.com

See our websites:  legionsofmichael.blogspot.com www.thestoryoflight.com; www.datacloudconsulting.com; www.datacloudconsultingblog.com

2 comments:

  1. There is a lot of information in this post! I have been having deer show up in my life. It is in the fields as I drive to work, in pictures on TV, and on the edge of town. Others see it too. Does this mean it is not a spirit animal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you notice an animal - it is for you. That one animal is showing up for several people is not unusual. You may all be connected.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy