Friday 13 May 2011

Spirit Speaks - Giving

image

An act of giving is of most benefit when one gives something of value, carefully, with one’s own hand, while showing respect, and with a view that something wholesome will come of it. The same is true when one gives out of faith, respectfully, at the right time, with a generous heart, and without causing denigration.  - Andrew Olendzki, "Dana: The Practice of Giving"

I was putting together a bag of clothes that we no longer use, and looked around the house for stuff – knick knacks, jewellery, dishes – that we no longer use.  I am working at getting our household to a simpler level of maintenance.

When I sat down at my computer, I was pleased to see the above quote sitting in my inbox on my mail.  I love this quote!  While I don’t necessarily hand deliver everything, I certainly select what I give with much thought, and, I test to see whether the object is for the best and highest good of the receiver.  I also test to see if the object is good over the next year, if the answer is ‘yes, this is good for the receiver’.  If the object is only good for a day or a week, to me, there is no point in giving it.

I like to give things to my family and to my friends.  I especially like to give herbs and aloe vera slips to people because the plants are so helpful.  What I have found too, is that plants like to move from place to place – at least some of them do.  So, for me, giving a plant is a win-win for the person and the plant.

I often wonder if, at the back of what is going on, Creator and my Angels are having a chuckle at how easily they can guide me to give something to someone who needs it.  I don’t mean that they are laughing at me; I mean, they are laughing with joy because I am joyful at the time, too.

Judy@angelsandancestors.com

The May Angels Magazine is up at www.angelsandancestors.com

See our websites:

legionsofmichael.blogspot.com www.thestoryoflight.com; www.datacloudconsulting.com; www.webdesign11.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy