Monday 11 April 2011

Spirit Animal - Downey Woodpecker’s Mission

image

Today, on our walk, a Downey Woodpecker flew beside us, from tree to tree for about an eighth of a mile.  I wondered what he was doing.  (I knew it was male because of the red patch.)  He would fly beside us and make this odd humming sound, before he hopped into a tree, looking for bugs or seeds.

The dogs and I stopped and watched him, and he talked about his mission.  Downey’s mission is to care-take the trees in a given territory, and to monitor the Spirits or Energies in the area, and to help them shift when it is time.  He said that he liked what he did, and that he had a pretty good life – he was content.

The dogs and I continued on our walk.  I thought about the simple contentment that this bird was showing me.  What a great teacher!

Judy@angelsandancestors.com

The April magazine is up at http://www.angelsandancestors.com/mag/mag1104.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy