Monday 25 April 2011

From Judy - Feeling the Silence

Silence is another kind of space. When everything is quiet and suddenly there is a noise, we ordinarily say the silence was shattered. But it’s more accurate to say that we forget the silence and listen only to the sound.  -Ken McLeod, "Something from Nothing"

image

I know that the world around us is never really silent.  That is a given.  Science has proven that there are levels of sound waves that humans simply cannot hear.  It is also true that there are times when life is incredibly noisy.  When I go to a shopping mall, or to a large event, or even to a party with lots of people and with music, I find that the noise can assault my senses – even my feelings.

I found this quote on silence, and realized for me, that it is true; I focus on the noise instead of the lack of noise that surrounds it.

For me, silence is a feeling that lets me be aware of so many other things.  I hear my thoughts and I feel the touch of the thoughts and, sometimes, can follow the trail of the thought back to the origin.  This may take me through several levels of awareness.  The silence, for me, becomes a space to work in. 

Try the working in silence and see what it brings you.  Let me know. 

Namaste,

judy@angelsandancestors.com  

The April magazine is up at http://www.angelsandancestors.com/mag/mag1104.pdf

1 comment:

  1. The quote of the day for the day this is posted is

    What a blessing it would be if we could open and shut our ears as easily as we open and shut our eyes!
    Georg Christoph Lichtenberg

    Spirit is definitely speaking... don't listen to all the noise... Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy