Sunday 20 March 2011

Spirit Animal - Chickadee Remembers

image

It has been weeks (maybe even four or so months) since I went into the woods where my friends, the Chickadee moves (like tribe or flock) hang out in winter.  The winter here in Calgary has been long, and cold.  Yesterday, as the dogs and I approached the woods, Asi, Chickadee lookout, flew out of a tree to my left shoulder.  He began asking what happened to me, and where his seeds were, and why my hands were covered. 

I had not brought any seeds, thinking that it was early morning and the chickadees would have forgotten me.  Therefore, I was un-prepared for the torrent of emotions and disappointment that greeted me when I showed up empty handed.  Asi actually pulled my hair!  It seems that Chickadee does remember, and that they make life bonds throughout their five or six years on this plane.  And, it seems that the bond becomes a learned memory for the off spring, because there were young ones flying around me that I had not met before.  (I know because they had a different energy signature.)  These new ones had no fear of me and called me by my chickadee name – Yellow Seeds – because I have blonde or yellow hair, and carry seeds in my pocket.   The dogs were quite bemused by the activity around us.

Asi, and some of the others actually sat on the dog leashes to talk to me better.  The dogs simply sat down and watched.  A string of Chickadee beings flew down and proceeded to tell me how difficult the winter had been with no friends (me) and that they really wanted some loving.  I promised that I would return the next day – the 20th.

So, this morning I set out with a friend, our dogs, and a bag of seeds, and headed off to the woods.  Asi greeted me 500 yards from where he normally is.. singing, “I knew you’d come, i knew you’d come!”

I pulled out my handful of seeds, shared some with my friend, and we proceeded to share seed with the Chickadees for the next fifteen minutes.  I had moments of sharing little sunbeams of joy from my friends, until finally we had to return home.  We left a pile of seed on a tree stump that had been cut off at about four and half feet.  The Nuthatches were just joining as we  were leaving.  I promised to come back before the week was out, and had the top of my head brushed by several wings.

I feel happy that I am remembered.

Judy@angelsandancestors.com  See our new page Tools for Healing http://www.angelsandancestors.com/tools.php   The March 2011 Magazine is now up at www.angelsandancestors.com as well as an updated  listing of events.  

See our websites:   www.angelsandancestors.comwww.datacloudconsulting.comwww.webdesign11.comlegionsofmichael.blogspot.comwww.joytography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy