Thursday 11 November 2010

From Judy – November 11th, We Remember!

Today is Remembrance Day in Canada.  Today, I remember my great grandfather on my mother’s side, my grandfathers on both my mother’s and my father’s side, numerous great uncles, uncles, and cousins. Most of them are no longer here.  Most of them have fought several wars.  Some of them are now retired, and still doing what they can for others.

I am thankful that my Ancestors were very brave and that they had a strong sense of right, of truth, and a belief that no one man, no one country, and no one religion should rule the world.  I am thankful that they fought for what they believed in. Their actions have been a shiny example for me, of standing on one’s truth. 

I am thankful, too, for all the women in my family, who supported the men, and who acted as machinists, nurses, labourers,  and who made do with what was available.  These women taught me about necessity living.

I am aware that the peace that I have in my life is because all of you stood for what you believed in.  Thank – you.

May all of you know that you are honoured and loved through time.

Judy

1 comment:

  1. Beth wrote:
    "Remembrance Day and a picture with a Rainbow. What a beautiful sentiment. Thank you for sharing this."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy