Friday 15 October 2010

Spirit Animal – Serpent/Dragon Blessing

 

Everyday for the last three days, Serpent/Dragon has shown up in my day.  She comes in as a picture, a rock, a story that someone shares, or simply in meditation.  Today, as I was working on my exercises in the course that I am taking, the rock with a serpent painted on it, slid down beside my computer. I swear the serpent winked!

The classification of serpent includes large snakes, dragons, and large lizards.  In most folk lore, snakes or serpents as the Ancestors called them, are about healing and changing.  If you remember the story written by Rudyard Kipling called “The Jungle Book”, one of the main teachers of Mowgli is the python, Kaa. In ancient tales, dragons and very large snakes are considered to be teachers, and strict disciplinarians.   The Egyptians called the etheric body, (or the light body, depending on your version of teachings) the “ka” or the light of the physical body.

I sat in meditation after my class for the day ended. ( I am taking an online class that started Monday and ends today – Friday.)  In the meditation, I learned that Serpent will be my new teacher and guide, and that Serpent will take various forms depending on the lessons that are in process.  

The first lesson is about being quiet and still.  Serpent knows how to remain very still for long periods of time so that it appears part of the environment.  This makes it easy to induce prey to move close to it.  It also allows Serpent long periods of rest where its body takes over on automatic pilot and the Serpent does not have to “do” anything.  Serpent tells me that I am too active and that I do not know how to be still, even when I am sleeping.  She asks me to cultivate stillness.  In stillness, one can hear the Universe and all the harmonies of life. 

I am endeavouring to find that stillness in myself. 

May you too, know stillness.

Judy@angelsandancestors.com

The Story of Light: Through Heaven's Gates (Volume 2) 

The Story of Light: Through Heaven's Gates (Volume 2) [Paperback]

S. Roger Joyeux (Author), Judith L. Hirst (Editor)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy