Friday 23 July 2010

Spirit Speaks – Staying In Synch

imageToday, I was trying to figure out why the podcasts on my iPod were not updating the way that I had them laid out in my iTunes program.  I started checking every setting.  What I found was that the “Synch” check box on my settings has some how become unchecked.  Now, since I never go in and change my settings, this seemed to be quite a “weird” thing for me.  So, I thought about it.

This morning, I listened to a Zen Buddhist lesson on “Being Present”.  There were several things that inspired me about this lesson.  One was that the emphasis through sutras and through stories was around being in the present moment.  If you cannot be in the present moment, and need to dwell on the past or the future, then what in the present moment is causing you so much pain? 

The second item in the teachings was that each act of living is about being in the present moment.  If we cannot be in that moment, then we are missing most of our life.  That too makes sense to me because I see so many people wasting happy and fun moments by texting or being on the phone, or trying to get away from themselves in some way. 

The third item I enjoyed in the teaching was around recognizing that each person is living perfectly in their present moment, and that we do not need to impose our ideas of what is going on.  I start to laugh as I read this because back in my second item, I realized that I was imposing judgement on those who choose to text in the present moment.  (I still wish they would not text while they are driving!)

I realized that Spirit was giving me a “hands on” lesson about staying in balance and harmony with my passions and my path.  When all is going well, then little thought is required because a person simply rolls with the flow of what is going on.  We are living in the present moment.  However, when we start to over think our actions and try to second guess all the people around us, then we are “out of synch” with our purpose.  Our harmony is compromised, and therefore life seems choppy and full of obstacles.  The serenity is gone.

Another realization is that over the last few days, hunting for flooring and bathroom fixtures, that I have lost my serenity.  I too need to synch up with Great Spirit and regain my balance. 

I am truly grateful for the lesson.

Judy@angelsandancestors.com    Watch for the August 2010 Magazine at www.angelsandancestors.com 

  • THREE TOOLS TO USE IN SELF-HEALING
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 7-9pm
    By Donation The tools consist of working with the Angels of Karma to release energy that is not for the greatest and highest good of self; a tool to release manipulations and negative energy; and a tool to balance all the energy fields. Each participant will walk away with the printed copy of each tool so they will be able to use it over and over in their journey. Call Judy 403-225-2016 to register, or email judy@angelsandancestors.com. Directions provided upon registration. More info here.
  • TALK TO THE TREES
    Wednesday, July 28, 2010, 7-9pm
    By Donation Physicist Ed Wagner says that Trees communicate in what he calls W-waves. This workshop takes you out into Nature to learn three ways to talk to and to communicate with trees. Pre-registration required. Call Judy 403-225-2016 to register, or email judy@angelsandancestors.com. Directions for meeting site provided at registration. More info here.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

    Blessings,
    Judy