Tuesday 22 June 2010

Spirit Animal – Wasp Buzzes Around

image

         Picture of a wasp from www.naturfoto-cz.de

Wasp and I have not always been friends!  In fact, I am very allergic to the wasp venom, and when I was stung on my foot, my foot and leg swelled right to the knee, and only a shot from my doctor kept it from getting worse.  The same swelling happened to my hand and arm.  Since we moved to Calgary, Wasp has wanted to live on our house, right beside us, so to speak.  My allergic reaction to their sting made this impossible from my perspective.

Then, last year, I had an epiphany about Wasp.  I learned that they attack as a mirror for what is going on in your life.  I realized that since I moved to Calgary, that Wasp had never stung me.  And then, wasps built a large hive over the door to our tool shed – they seemed to build it over night!  Rather than destroy the nest, I talked my husband into waiting until night time and scraping the hive into a box and sealing it (with air holes).  My plan was the next day to take it into the park, when I walked the dogs, and set the wasps free.  You see, I believe that the world is short on bees and wasps and hornets which help keep the plant world pollinated.

And, that is what I did.  When I first picked up the wasp box, the wasps were so angry!  They buzzed away indignantly!  The dogs kept looking at the box as though they thought it might explode.  So, I hummed to them, and I told them what I was planning on doing. I explained that they would have died if they stayed in our yard or moved to another yard.  Soon they were quiet. We got to the park, and I put them down amongst some trees, and close to wild clover and wild roses.  I used my knife to cut two flaps, and pulled the flaps back with a stick.   Nothing happened.  Then, several wasps crawled up on the flap, and I knew that they would be fine.  The dogs and I walked away with out any wasps coming after us.

Then, yesterday, I had the door open to the deck.  A large hornet flew in and around the family room, and then headed back to the window.  He buzzed against the glass door, trying to get out.  He kept missing the open door.  I finally said to him that he needed help, and I gently cupped my hand around him, pushing him toward the door.  He hit the open space and buzzed off.  I didn’t get stung.  I feel like he knew that I was helping him and had helped others.  Later that day, and today, hornets have come and buzzed over me, and then flown off.  I feel like they gave me a blessing.  And, I am grateful.

Judy@angelsandancestors.com     Sign up for our free first of the month magazine at  http://www.angelsandancestors.com/signup.html

Watch for the July 1 2010 issue over the next few days at www.angelsandancestors.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy