Sunday 20 June 2010

Spirit Animal – Butterfly on Metamorphosis

The dogs and I were walking along the top of the hill, revelling in the hot sun, shining down on us so beautifully.  The warmth was so welcome after a week of rain.   The dogs were trotting along, doing their thing, and the three of us were simply feeling happy and alive.  As we walked, two butterflies came out of no where, and flew on each side of us, much like an honour guard, holding in the space of happiness.  They stayed with us until we returned to the van.

image

I thought a lot about the sacredness of what the butterflies did for us – to keep us in that space of happiness and contentment.  I was so grateful.  And then I thought about what the butterflies are about – metamorphosis and change.  And, I started laughing!

You see, meta in the metamorphosis, is actually written “metta”, and means “Loving Kindness”.  If I did not get the connection, Spirit is determined that I understand this concept, because when I was listening to my Buddhist lesson, the Master talked about a colleague of his, Sister Metta, who, as her name suggested, carried loving kindness with her where ever she went.  She was a purveyor of change.

I realised that the Butterflies was moving us (the dogs and me) forward into a stronger alignment with loving kindness. They were fanning us with new energy.  This seems like it is a great gift at this time of Solstice. Butterflies’ actions made me think of this writing by Buddha, "May you be at peace.  May your heart remain open.  May you awaken to the light of your own true nature. May you be healed.  May you be a source of healing to all beings."  The Metta of the Buddha

May each of you have a very transforming week!

Much metta,

judy@angelsandancestors.com   Want a reading?  Pick from one of the choices at www.angelsandancestors.com/reading.html

Please see the FREE June Angels And Ancestors magazine at www.angelsandancestors.com/newsletter/mag1006.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy