Friday 28 May 2010

Spirit Animal – Dove Flies By

Today has been a day that feels mournful to me – the air is cold. Indeed, we had snow last night and we are to get snow tonight, even though it is almost the end of May.

I was contemplating how my life seems to be on hold this week, even though I can feel the energies percolating just below the edge of sight.  I was driving down Deer Run Drive, when a beautiful mourning dove flew along side the van, before veering off into a nearby tree.  I had my window open so I could hear her cooing away.  It seemed like she was trying to comfort me…. “It’s alright dear!  This is just temporary.  The sun is coming out and your life is readjusting.”

I shook my head, and smiled, and kept driving.  I pulled into the garage, and unloaded my books that my friend returned, and walked into the house.  After dumping the books on the way up stairs, I walked to the kitchen sink for a drink of water. 

Dove flew through the yard, and did a loop, before settling on the grass near my sanctuary arbour. She stared intently at me.  I knew she was telling me something.

 image

    picture of mourning dove from pipetop.files.com 

I stopped and listened.  Dove says,

“Do not be hard on your self. Treat yourself with gentleness as you treat all of the birds and squirrels and ants and critters that visit your yard.  Feel the love that we have for you.  Feel the peace that Nature brings to your place. This is a sanctuary where we are all welcome.  We feel the Oneness that comes in this place.  Let us guide you to a knowing that there is a naturalness to this change that is happening.  Some of us birds are nesting later because we wish to wait out the changes.  We feel this is part of life.  We say, create!  Let us see how you use the wood and the beauty that you see in your mind.  We are grateful that you care for us.”

It is pretty hard to feel too sad when you receive a visit like this one from Dove.

May each of you have a beautiful, peaceful weekend.

Judy@angelsnandancestors.com   Please see the FREE June Angels And Ancestors magazine at www.angelsandancestors.com/newsletter/mag1006.pdf 

Roger made it to round two in the NEXT TOP SPIRITUAL AUTHOR contest.  It works on the voting principal like AMERICAN IDOL.  Please vote for him at  www.thestoryoflight.com/ntsa.php  Voting info is at the bottom of the page.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy