Sunday 7 March 2010

Spirit Speaks - Heed Your Calling!

“Vocation or calling has been described by Frederick Buechner as the place where your deepest gladness meets the world's deepest need. In living our calling, we experience joy and a sense of wholeness.” from www.csj-to.ca 

I quite often pick up one of my favourite Doreen Virtue books,  “Daily Guidance from Your Angels: 365 Angelic Messages to Soothe, Heal, and Open Your Heart”, and I found the passage on “Heed Your Calling”.  I got some shivers and knew that this was something that The Divine was trying to tell me about. 

I have recently discovered that I love wood carving. I carved my first100_1193 Salish wolf mask (about 11 inches long, 4 inches wide and 4

 

Salish Wolf Mask Carving – picture © Judy Hirst Jan 2010

 

 

inches high, at a carving class.  I am now working on my second one, and on several small 3D pieces to help me get the feel of the process.

What has this got to do with “Calling”?  For me, wood carving feels like a calling – where my deepest gladness meets the world’s deepest need to understand creativity, and the joy that comes from creativity.  It may be that my carving gives pleasure to me alone.  That's okay!

Other wood carvers have this calling, and their passion shows in their works.  I love this design from Gene Webb. 

image

 

Wood carving – relief carving in a post as shown by Gene Webb on www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjyzaQb22KE

 

The best thing about this new found passion is that I was directed by my Angels, by Great Spirit, to take an opportunity that presented itself when I was buying a Christmas present in November 2009.  The class was posted in the store, and although I tried to register, the class was full.  I put my name on the waiting list, and three weeks before the class, received the call asking if I still would like to attend the class.  My answer was a resounding “Yes”. And now, I am part of a wonderful carving club in Calgary called “The Calgary Carvers”.

For me, finding something that fills my heart with joy makes the time I spend carving full of meditation and gratefulness that I can do this! I believe that many of my ancestors must have carved and done woodworking because it seems I can feel them at times, helping me.

I was lucky to find this calling.  I listened to my inner voice, or intuition, and followed it.  According to my Angels, that is all one has to do.

Judy@angelsandancestors.com   Our free March magazine is posted at www.angelsandancestors.com/newsletter/mag1003.pdf

See www.legionsofmichael.com  A new posting is on the teachings page.

Monday, Mar 15 2010 - Tele-class -  Teaching of Michael
Time:  12:00pm Pacific Time
             1:00pm Mountain Time
             3:00pm Eastern Time
Tele-class dial in --  1-218-862-1300
Conference # 207077
Call is recorded and will be available for download.

Monday, March 22, 2010 - Tele-class - Discussion Group of  Teachings Of Michael- Scripting Your Destiny
Time:   6:00pm Pacific Time
             7:00pm Mountain Time
             9:00pm Eastern Time
Tele-class dial in --  1-218-862-1300
Conference # 207077
Call is recorded and will be available for download

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy