Friday 19 March 2010

Judy Speaks – Word of the Day – Integrity

image

 

Picture of integrity comes from ninitalk.files.wordpress.com

 

Each day, as part of my meditation, I pull an angel card for the day.  Today, the card was “Integrity”.  I wondered why this card came up – was it to remind me to be in “integrity”, or was it to tell me to be wary of those spouting “integrity”?  Or, was it simply a reminder that when we lose our integrity, we have lost everything? 

For me, being in integrity simply means listening to the inner guidance from my heart that tells me that something is right for me, or, that something is not right for me.  I can apply this to being friends with people, to undertaking tasks from writing to house work, and to how I feel about a situation.  If my head (logic) starts to get in the way, then I know it is time to go to my heart, and see how the feeling sits with my inner knowing.

When the thought is not of the highest intent, then I know that I must use “Control, Alt, Delete”, as you do on a keyboard, and rid myself of that thought.  Buddha says that our thoughts that are not of the highest good come from a mind that is in turmoil.  For me, turmoil comes when I move to carry out a task, and I am not able to.  For example, today I went to start my dish washer, and the electrical panel was dead. 

Buddha and other spiritual teachers say that when you are blocked on a path, then you are not doing the right thing for you in that moment.  I guess that I am not to was the dishes, now.  The turmoil arises, however, around the thoughts like – why am I being blocked?  Why do the dishes need to remain dirty?  What should I be doing instead?  Why am I having this difficulty?  Is there a spiritual message that I am not seeing?  And, the thoughts go on.  The key to staying in one’s integrity, is to allow the thoughts to come and go, and to not hang on to them.  I need to accept that the situation is perfect and go on to do something else that is easy and gives me pleasure.  What I chose to do next was to listen to meditative music, answer emails, and then write this blog.

I feel very peaceful now!  May you too find peace in your integrity.

Judy@angelsandancestors.com  See some guidance from Archangel Michael at www.legionsofmichael.com

Saturday, March 20, 2010 – Spring Solstice Celebration Spring arrives at 5:30pm so join us for potluck dinner at 5:30pm followed at 7:30pm with ceremony of renewal. Donation bowl Please pre-register with Judy or Roger at

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy