Tuesday 9 February 2010

Spirit Speaks - Purpose

For the past several weeks, I keep getting PURPOSE as the word of the day, at least once per week.  I wondered why this was coming up for me because I think I live my purpose.  Here is what the word means “something set up as an object or end to be attained” from the Merriam Webster online dictionary.

I found a variety of posters on the subject as well.  Here is one of my favourites.

              image

And, I liked this one as well.

image

This comes from design.ag/inspiration/typography-showcase.

As I reflected on “purpose”, I began to wonder about all the legends and “how to” articles that suggest different ways of finding one’s purpose.  The Shaman of our Ancestors’ tribes did a rite of passage with each child as they came to puberty to help them find their place in the tribe.

The Mayans had three great wheels that showed the purpose of one’s life.  So, the day that you were born on, became your purpose.  The movement of the wheel indicated the purpose of each day.  Today’s message is (from www.mayanmajix.com) :

image

Each tribe or nation had and has its own belief system.

I kept hearing “purpose” echoing in my head.  I decided that our purpose is probably quite simple.  It is to help others have their experience as each of us has our own experience.  Our purpose is to grow as much as we can. 

What do you think?

Judy@angelsandancestors.com   See our free February magazine on line at www.angelsandancestors.com  Send us your comments about the magazine!  image

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy