Tuesday 16 February 2010

Spirit Animal – Leopard Speaks

I am always in awe of the way an animal can find to communicate with me to tell me that they have something to say.  A special communication happened yesterday.  I was sitting in my chair in my session/meditation room.  When I got up to get a book, the leopard shawl that hangs on the back of my chair, stuck to my back and fell off about half way across the room.  I picked it up, and placed it back, folded across the the back of the chair.  I sat down, meditated, and when I got up, the shawl stuck to my back again. And, again, it fell off after I had taken several steps.  Now, the shawl is cotton, and my top was cotton. There was no reason for the fabrics to stick together.  So I asked, “Leopard, do you have something to say?”

The answer was, “Yes!”.

Here is Leopard from www.accessafrica.co.uk.  And, my shawl comes from South Africa, from a Sangoma, or Zulu Shaman. I received it in November 2008.  The part of this event that was intriguing me was – why did Leopard wait so long to speak?

image

Here’s what I know about Leopard:

  • they are often compared to the South American Jaguar because of their spots and their similarity of hunting.
  • like Jaguar, Leopard has extremely powerful shoulders and jaws and can carry a kill up into a tree so that it may eat undisturbed.
  • the strong jaws allow it to kill with one bite through the neck.
  • its colouring allows it to move invisibly through the African landscape, where it silently observes animals and humans, watching for weaknesses.

image

 

picture of Leopard from amarine88.com

 

 

 

I know too, that Leopard is very intelligent.  As all of these thoughts rolled through my mind, Leopard and I stared at each other.  Inside my head, he said, “Now that you are comfortable with me, we can talk some more.  I will visit you soon.”

Judy@angelsandancestors.com   See our new website www.legionsofmichael.com     Join us for  Channelling Spirit Guides:  Saturday, February 20, 2010, 1pm to 4:30pm
Archangel Michael presides over the workshop, and between him, his legions, and your own spirit guides, you learn to channel in a very protected and safe environment. Call Roger at 403-225-2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy