Monday 7 December 2009

Spirit Animal – Raven Flies Before Me

Yesterday, I was travelling west on highway 22x, into Kananaskis country.  The weather was cold, with a brisk wind at times. However, the Sun was shining so it seemed like a glorious day.

image

A raven playing in the snow from http://digg.com/pets_animals/Ravens_playing_in_snow

 

 

As I drove closer to the mountains, I thought, “Spirit has been wanting me to go into the mountains for several months now.  It finally has created a situation where I must go.”

The purpose of my trip was to go to a retreat center and spend one and half hours talking about the way that I channel messages as well as spend some time channelling a message for the group.  I was driving/aligning with my life mission and Spirit’s intent for me.  Spirit wanted me in the mountains so that I could absorb more light more easily than I can in the city.  Things like our business, EMF interference, or a plane flying overhead, can deflect the light frequencies.

As I had the thought about my trip, a huge Raven flew in front of my van.  Now, ravens are not unusual in Alberta.  However, it was cold, and other birds simply were not flying out in the open spaces. I thought, “Wow! I wonder if that is for me?”

Almost at my thought, the Raven turned and flew back at me, before veering back to its original course which seemed to parallel the highway.  Raven, however, could fly in a straight line while I had to follow the road.  Sometimes, she was sitting waiting for me.  She was with me until I pulled into the retreat driveway.  She had done her job, and knew that I was safely at my destination. I was grateful for her company and her patience.  She was my “Raven in the Cold”. 

Then, this morning, I found the words to a beautiful song “Raven in the Snow”.  The words are below. 

Phoimageto of Raven by Neil Fifer

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

           Raven In The Snow

(Song written by Bill Miller and John Flanagan)

With the wings of sorrow, I have taken flight
Cloaked in the darkness like a thief in the night
I have watched the farmer planting in his field
And known that what he sows, is there for me to steal

I take what I need, never more, never more
In the art of survival, there's no rich there's no poor
Time passes by, kingdoms come and go
I've seen it all, I'm a raven in the snow

I have watched the seekers searching for their gold
The rape of the land, generations unfold
Nations of the world, their rise and their fall
I've watched it all, I'm a raven in the snow

I have heard the crying, wailing in the wind
Empty words and broken promises, time and time again
Song of the sparrow, call of the crow
Echo in the mountain and the valley's below

The scarecrow and the hunter, can't keep me away
The winter winds a blowin' couldn't lead me astray
You can separate the flock still my colors would show
I will stand out, like a raven in the snow.

             *********************************

Judy@angelsandancestors.com  Read our December newsletter online at www.angelsandancestors.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy