Sunday 15 November 2009

Ancestors Speak – How to Heal Cold Sores With Aloe Vera

Whenever I am clearing an emotion or an event that has been blocking my growth, I generally get a cold.  Most often, when I have cleared the cold, I receive the added present of a cold sore after I have finished coughing, sneezing and blowing my nose.  Now, most of the time, I can clear a cold in one day.  The cold sore, however was taking a lot longer to heal.  And, cold sores are annoying!

I think I have tried every product on the market for cold sores, as well as using energy healing techniques like -  throwing cold sores to fire, using Reiki, EFT, BodyTalk, Quantum Touch, Integrative Healing, and prayer.  It seemed that all of these things took at least a week to heal the cold sore.  My goal is to heal a cold sore in one or two days.  Several of my friends get cold sores from too much Sun, or from too much chocolate.  They too would like to have a remedy that works within one day.

Then, mid October, I got a one day cold which I cleared by spending forty minutes on the copper board, eating four Vitamin C 500 mg about every 1.5 hours, and gargling with Listerine.

Copper board used by Roger Joyeux in Crystal and Copper Board Layouts (http://www.angelsandancestors.com/crystallayout.html)  Picture by S. Roger Joyeux © 2009

The cold started about 3:00am and by the time I got up at 7:30am, was in full swing. By the time I went to bed, at 10:30pm, I felt great.  The next morning, when I woke up, I felt that tell tale tingle that a cold sore was starting.  I searched for a solution.  The list of vitamins and minerals that I found included the following:

    • Vitamin C Take 200-500 mg. of vitamin C along with 200-500 mg. of citrus bioflavonoids three times a day. This remedy will greatly reduce the duration of the sores.
    • Vitamin E, applied topically, will provide pain relief.
    • Yogurt Eating plain yogurt (with acidophilus) with live cultures is a good preventive measure. Heat-treated yogurt won't work. People who have added yogurt to their daily diet have discovered that they don't get cold sores, or very few. Yogurt seems to stimulate the immune system.
    • Zinc Using zinc has been reported to reduce the duration of cold sores. Applied topically, it speeds healing. Zinc tablets may also help, but don't take more than 15 mg for more than a week or so without medical supervision. Take up to 60 mg a day for the first week.

As I looked at the list, I was puzzled.  I was taking huge amounts of Vitamin C, so that did not seem to work for me – I still got one.  I pulled out some liquid Vitamin E, and the stinging endured.  I wasn’t about to rush out to buy Yogurt or Zinc.  One of my friends suggested using toothpaste, so I tried that for the rest of the day.  My cold sore still hurt and was growing.  I went to bed feeling a bit frustrated that I could not heal it.

As I drifted off to sleep, I heard that phrase “For every illness that man does know, God has caused a plant to grow.”  I got it!  I needed to look for a plant.

The next morning, I started my quest, after I watered my plants and did my house work.  As I did tasks, my gaze kept being drawn to my Aloe Vera plant. So, I looked up Aloe Vera for treating cold sores.  The following advice was on a page about folk remedies. 

When the tingling starts, try rubbing juice from an aloe plant on the affected area. If you are traveling, take a bottle of aloe gel with you just in case a sore begins. This remedy is especially effective if used at the first sign of a cold sore, but will also stop it later on, too, and will begin the healing process immediately and keep the sore from "blossoming."

I rushed back down stairs and asked my largest Aloe Vera plant if I could use pinches of its leaf to heal my cold sore.  It was happy to help.  I started rubbing the Aloe Vera on at about 2:00pm, and by evening, the tingling had decreased significantly. I used it all day, and took a pinch and used it through the night.  I continued  this and all in all, it took three days to heal the cold sore because I started into the second day of the problem.

image

 

Aloe vera plant in the window

Last week, however, I was able to heal a cold sore in one day.  This was an after effect of a one day cold which I caught going to a public market.

Here’s how I did it. I felt the merest tingle.  I pinched off about a nickel sized piece of the plant and then split open the skin to reveal the gel inside.  I rubbed the gel, directly from the stalk of the plant, on my cold sore.  I also rubbed the gel all around my lips to prevent the cold sore from spreading. I waited for the first application to dry a bit because it dries quite quickly, and then I rubbed the gel on again.  I snipped off several pieces and put them in saran wrap in my pocket so that I could apply the gel anytime, and I did apply it about every half to three-quarters of an hour.  When I ran out of Aloe Vera pieces, I simply went and got some more.  I used it all through the night as well.  By morning, I was clear.

Judy@angelsandancestors.com  If you try this, let me know how it works.   FYI….

Crystals Light Workshop on November 28 & 29 2009 at The Healing Forest, 5034-49th Street Olds, AB TIME: Saturday 10am - 6pm; Sunday 9:30 am – 5pm (allow for overtime)  To register call: Rose at The Healing Forest 403-556-9411. Work with Roger Joyeux, Author of “The Story of Light”.  To understand crystals, first understand light. Then, understand how light works with our minds, Chakras, polarity, consciousness, etherics, emotions, awareness, souls, and vibration.

1 comment:

  1. I used aloe vera gel on day two of my sore (yesterday) and today it has almost disappeared!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy