Tuesday 9 December 2008

Spirit Animal - Crow

image

Picture of
"Crow In Flight" from Wikipedia

 

 

 

 

We are at the time of year when all of the crows should have flown south - from Alberta - for the winter.  So, I was surprised to see one lonely crow in the park woods on my walk the other morning.  I know it was a crow because of the distinctive "caw" noise.  Thinking about the scene, I then began to wonder if I had actually seen the crow or whether it was a Spirit Crow that was there as the woods were eerily quiet.

Crow makes a wide range of noises, and it is possible to learn their language in our rather primitive human way.  Sometimes the sounds are about danger, others about gossip and where the food is, or where there are other animals that may present some fun! The shiny blackness of Crow's feathers remind us that absolute blackness is the chaos that we - the cosmos - was born out of. And, Crow represents the magic that is present during the day. (Appropriate for me in the woods.)

What messages does Crow bring?  Messages that really need to be reflected upon.  Here are some of them.

a)   Crow likes to be very high up to observe and watch for danger.  If you see Crow, and she is cawing at you, perhaps you need to be warned of danger ahead.

b)  Crow likes to gather with other crows.  Some liken this to a Council.  Perhaps it is time to turn to your Council of Twelve for guidance.

c)  Various legends of the Gods and Goddesses tell of their use of Crows as spies because Crow has an inherent knowledge of truth.  If Crow appears, it may be that she is saying that you need to look beyond the apparent for the actual Truth.  In Munay-Ki we say that you need to look for the story behind the story. 

d) Crow therefore is also about integrity.  Is there something that is challenging your truth and integrity?  Do you need to be diligent or discerning in your association with others?

As I look at my Crow experience, I realize that my  message came from Great Spirit, and that Crow was there to remind me that there is much beyond what we know, and that I need to turn more to guidance from Great Spirit, Ancestors, and my Council of Twelve.   I will be spending more time in mediation!

judy@angelsandancestors.com or www.angelsandancestors.com

Also see:

The Crow in The Tree
Spirit Animals – Deer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy