Tuesday 25 November 2008

Tarot Discussion - Osho Zen Card III - Creativity

image

 

The card called "Creativity" from the OSHO Zen Tarot deck

Over the last two days, I have been working on making cloth bags for Christmas presents.  As an Earth Keeper, it almost is making me ill to think of all the wasted paper that begins to accumulate this time of year because of the presents we wrap.  The gift bags are eco friendly and reusable, and that makes me feel like I am caring for the Earth.

Also, over the last several weeks, I have been making medicine bags, leather bags for wands, different bags for sacred tools, and I have made some talking sticks that are blessed and powered to create a feeling of peacefulness and a feeling of harmony with all.  And, most days, I write one or two blogs. 

All of these tasks are about recognizing the Creator in me.  Today, when I pulled my Zen Tarot card, the card pulled was "Creativity".  First, I am constantly intrigued by how Great Spirit communicates with us, and honours our endeavours.  For me, this card was a blessing on the things that I do.  Second, I loved the wording in the explanation of the card - YOU BECOME MORE DIVINE AS YOU BECOME MORE CREATIVE - and that seemed a very great blessing, as well.  The phrase comes from the following passage....

"Whatsoever you do, if you do it joyfully, if you do it lovingly, if your act of doing is not purely economical, then it is creative. If you have something growing out of it within you, if it gives you growth, it is spiritual, it is creative, it is divine. You become more divine as you become more creative.

All the religions of the world have said God is the creator. I don't know whether he is the creator or not, but one thing I know: the more creative you become, the more godly you become. When your creativity comes to a climax, when your whole life becomes creative, you live in God. So he must be the creator because people who have been creative have been closest to him. Love what you do. Be meditative while you are doing it - whatsoever it is! "- From the OSHO Zen Tarot

Whatever you are doing today, do it with love and find your creativity for then you will also find your Divinity!

2 comments:

  1. Does this mean that artists are specifically Divine? I certainly know some artists that I would not call even good people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this question. No, I am not saying that artists are specifically Divine. I am simply saying that creativity is one way to find your own Divinity. Each person comes to this world to follow their own path, what ever and how ever that path may transpire. To be on the path for the purest and highest intent means that we observe the First Law of the Universe which is "Harm no one, including self." The translation is that we do not judge others, we simply accept their journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy