Wednesday 5 November 2008

Spirit Animal - Deer

A picture of a young buck, early in the morning, taken by my student Carol...

image

One of my friends and students was out walking with me and my dogs the other morning.  I asked her to write an account of her meeting with Deer. This account might resonate with you, as well...........

 

"One morning on our walk with the dogs, a young Buck springs out of the trees about 100 yards ahead of us. The  Buck slows his journey and turns and looks at us. This is uncommon for these creatures as they are shy and tend to stay away from humans. For about a total of 5 minutes, the buck was bounding in slow motion then stopping and looking at us. He was parading for us and making sure we saw him.

When animals go outside their normal behaviour and make a point of us seeing them, usually they are there to bring a message to us. Deer is a very intuitive animal. This skill along with acute hearing and eye sight is what protects them from their predators. Deer is about gentleness.   "When a deer shows up in your life it is time to be gentle with yourself and others. A new innocence and freshness is about to be awakened or born. There is going to be gentle, enticing lure of new adventures. When a deer shows up, there is an opportunity to express gentle love that will open new doors to adventure for you. The buck can also represent rejuvenation, rebirth, and the passage of time." 

So what this means for me is that things are about to change.  Recently I have been in a roller coaster of emotions and difficult events. It seems that now I will enter into my role as teacher and student, where I was six years ago,  and prepare for my next step in life in gentleness. 

I used the very helpful book, Animal Speak, by Ted Andrews, First edition 2006, page 264 to help me with my message.  I also used http://www.greatdreams.com/animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy