Thursday 20 November 2008

Ancestors Speak - Maka, Mother Earth Meditation

j0430856

Picture from Microsoft Clip Art

 

The Sioux believe that Maka, Mother Earth, is the third spirit that was born from Great Spirit or Wankan Tanka (the Sioux name for Creator).  Maka is about life, and particularly birthing new things - ideas, babies of every species - and love unconditional.

The meditation around Maka is written by Chief Archie Fire Lame Deer and Helene Sarkis, and appears in their book for the card deck "Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards".

I live that you may live.

In the dream time of Creation, I brought forth the womb for mankind and all his brothers. I represent the form of the woman's body. I nourish all to whom I give birth. You, child, are as dear to me as the ELK that roam the forest glade and the Trees that grow upon my body.  I Speak to you of abiding Love, of sustaining nourishment, of endless rounds of seasons and change.

I give you the gift of being yourself, being creative through your own individual expression.  And as a loving mother, I endure the separation and loss of my children, knowing that even as they leave me and denounce me, they are returning to me.

I am a place of rest where you are known in all your aspects. I am your home.

I am she who is your own Heart of hearts. I am creator of life upon this plane. With the energy of the Sun in Motion, I create the Passion that manifests.

Know that I am please with my children as they remember their origins and the wisdom of my heart, which is your own.

May you find your connection to Mother Earth, to Maka, within this meditation.  Peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy