Monday 13 October 2008

Spirit Animal - How to Understand Moth

image

 Image of Moth and The Moon from Microsoft Clipart.

Today, as I work at my computer, a small moth has appeared and is sitting on the wall, looking at me, so that every time that I glance up, I must see her.   I did not pay any attention to the moth, at first, and then, as I could feel its presence more and more strongly, I started to listen.  I heard nothing!  Then I started to feel, and my transformation began.

Just as the butterfly is the image of transformation for Father God Sun, the Moth is the image of transformation and metamorphosis for the Mother Goddess Moon.  As October 14th is the next full moon, I could feel that the Goddess was sending me a powerful message. 

image

Atlas Moth from Wikipedia.  Note that Moths may be as colourful as butterflies!

 

Our Ancestors tell us that the "Moth" was so named because it brought information from the Goddess-Mother and carried back our requests and prayers.  In the movie "Lord of the Rings", Gandolf used a Moth to carry word of his plight to the Eagles.  Moth has always been able to travel between the darkness and the light with protection.  For those that believe the moth is attracted to the light, and then is destroyed by flame, consider the nature of the phoenix which must be consumed by flame before it can be released to the light.

One aspect of Moth that is a good message for those that Moth works with is - pay attention to what is being said, and not said.  Moth has ultra sonic hearing sensors on its legs and can hear noise that does not appear to exist (quite similar to the acute hearing skills of a Mother with her children when they are getting into mischief). 

Moth is also sensitive to environment - sound vibration, light, hot, and cold.  Moth asks that you pay attention to how sensitive you are/are not to the world around you.  The best question one can ask is, "Does the current situation need to be re-evaluated?  Is my integrity or other's integrity being compromised? 

Let Moth lead you to the light!

Judith

3 comments:

  1. I have a medium size moth that has repositioned itself to a preferred spot near the lamp, after sampling a few locations... some larger moths are breathtaking in their deep green colour and large energy field. Love moths, love wild creatures

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dog barked at my bedroom window one night.I looked out and there was a Altlas moth looking in, it was quite beautiful.I went outside to have a closer look.It stayed and fluttered it wings.About about a week later I was searching on the web for some cellphone information and the page kept going blank.A picture of my deceased daughter "a happy picture it was a picture of her holding a fish and smiling" loaded on my screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moths are very good company. They're comfortable and don't fly away like butterflies. They are good friends.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy