Thursday 9 October 2008

Spirit Animal - Faith

Sometimes a story comes to me that is just the lesson that I need at the moment.  This morning, I was wondering what would happen if I had to change my lifestyle and my teaching because of stuff that is coming up which I simply need to deal with.  The word that I heard as I was walking was "Faith".  I said, "I know I have to have faith.  I just don't see how that will move me forward at the moment.  When I got back into my office and checked my email, the following story was one of the first emails that I opened.  I realized that my problems were very small, and that all I need to do is look at them in a different way.

I hope that this story inspires you as it did me.  And, I thank the original author that sent this story out, knowing the world needs this lesson.

Judy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is ' Faith '
This dog was born on Christmas Eve in the year 2002.  He was born with 3 legs - 2 healthy hind legs and 1 abnormal front leg which need to be amputated.  He of course could not walk when he was born.  Even his mother did not want him.
clip_image001

His first owner also did not think that he can survive.  Therefore, he was thinking of ' putting him to sleep ' .  
By this time, his present owner, Jude Stringfellow, met him and wanted to take care of him.  
She is determined to teach and train this dog to walk by himself. 

Therefore she named him ' Faith ' .
clip_image002

In the beginning, she put Faith on a surfing board to let him feel the movements.  Later she used peanut butter on a spoon as a lure and reward for him to stand up and jump around.  Even the other dog at home also helped to
encourage him to walk.  Amazingly, only after 6 months, like a miracle, Faith learned to balance on his 2 hind legs and jumped to move forward.  After further training in the snow, he now can walk like a human being.

clip_image003

Faith loves to walk around now.  No matter where he goes, he just attracts all the people around him. He is now becoming famous on the international scene.  He has appeared on various news-papers and TV shows.  There is even one book entitled ' With a little faith ' being published about him.  He was even considered to appear in one of the Harry Potter movies.
clip_image004

His present owner Jude Stringfellew has given up her teaching post and plans to take him around the world to preach that even without a perfect body, one can have a perfect soul ' .
clip_image005


clip_image006


clip_image007


clip_image008

clip_image009

clip_image010


clip_image011

In life there are always undesirable things.  Perhaps we would feel better if we changed our point of view to see things from another direction.
I hope this message will bring fresh new ways of thinking to everyone and that everyone can appreciate and be thankful for each beautiful day that follows.  Faith is the continual demonstration of the Strength of Life!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Judy, I just cried when I read this story. How can we silly humans worry about our bodies - too large, too small with this perfect Beauty that this dog displays. Everytime I think that I am imperfect I will think of Faith and smile at her courge.
    Walk in BEauty,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samantha, thanks for sharing how you felt. Others, too have said they cried when they read the story, and some people are putting pictures of Faith on their computers and mirrors to remind them that life is a miracle and each positive action is an affirmation of life! I think that everyone should read this story!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy