Monday 20 October 2008

Buddha Speaks - About Teachers

j0399971 Image from Microsoft Clipart.....

I was talking with a young lady that was interested in taking some training with me.  Our discussion was about teachers and why one needs to be careful about the teacher, for, some teachers seem to get into a 'control' mode that creates a rift between the student and teacher that never heals.  I explained that I was a student who experienced this type of pressure from a teacher, and how it really put me off of training with anyone.  I also explained that it is a good idea to test to see whether one should go to a workshop or go to work with a certain teacher. 

I have learned that the Buddha wisdom of the Four Reliances is great advice when it comes to learning and teaching.

The Four Reliances
First, rely on the spirit and meaning of the teachings, not on the words;
Second, rely on the teachings, not on the personality of the teacher;
Third, rely on real wisdom, not superficial interpretation;
And fourth, rely on the essence of your pure Wisdom Mind, not on judgmental perceptions.  ~~Buddha~~

May all your teachers be wise and loving,

Judith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy