Monday 21 July 2008

Sanctuary

clip_image002  Photo courtesy of Roger Joyeux....... 

I have been a consultant and project manager working for others and an entrepreneur for twenty years.  In the past two years, I have learned that regardless of how far one travels (I have pretty much covered most of the US in the last two years) there is no place like home. Oh, it can seem quite glamorous to live in the luxury Hilton for a week or stay in the Radisson Tower on the waterfront in Vancouver. Most of the time though, one doesn't have the time to enjoy the amenities other than to eat, and a visit to the spa is out of bounds because of the lack of time.

My friends and I often talk about how difficult life on the road can be. The title "road warriors" is not a trite tribute to all the people that travel weekly as part of their daily job. A road warrior is constantly looking for peace especially on the plane. Some find their peace buried between two ear phones linked to an iPod. Some find it in sleep. I have been finding it more often in meditation.

The picture in this article is of a "gazing ball" or meditation ball. This delightful statue is in our yard. I find that when I am at home, our backyard is a sanctuary. To duplicate this sensation, I can sit in the plane and then meditate upon our gazing ball, our angel sanctuary retreat, and our garden. These thoughts take me to a place of stillness that allows me to be so in the present moment that I forget where I am. Being this present, for me, is living in sanctuary. Being in this place is peaceful, joyous, restoring.

I wish for each of you a moment of sanctuary. I wish for each of you a moment of joy where you can walk with the magnificent Presence and feel a peace so profound that it massages your heart chakra, and allows it to open a little more. I wish for you that moment of emotion that is gently healing. I wish for you a chance to hear the music of the spheres as the strings and flutes play in the distance but still are audible. I wish for you the magic to use in manifestation. I wish you harmony for every day of your life.

First published by Judith Hirst April 11, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy