Wednesday 30 July 2008

Protected by Black Tourmaline

image

"Black Tourmaline" photo by Judith Hirst-Joyeux 2008

I was working at the Body Mind And Spirit Expo, and when I left the building, all I could think about was finding Peace. Since the expo is a place of spirituality, I thought it was odd that I felt this way. When I looked up the meaning of the word "peace", the explanation was "a state of harmony or the absence of hostility". Now that is interesting!

This means that the expo, for me, was not a place of harmony, and that perhaps I even felt hostility at times. Given that there are 100 booths with 100 merchants trying to "sell" their services, perhaps it was the competitive spirit that seemed hostile. As I thought about it, I really don't think that is the answer. Everyone that I met was happy and genuinely glad to see the other people that were in the booths. The exhibitors had their own community within the four walls and they made me feel part of it. It was a happy feeling! And, since today is Earth Day, there was a drumming session for Earth Day that ended with a parade of music around the exhibit hall. The energy was high and fun.

As I thought about it, it seemed that the audience attending the expo must then be the source of disharmony. Each person would come in seeking their own truth or solution, and quite possibly may be unhappy if the answer was not at the expo. Some folks came in feeling unhappy or unwell, and that energy spilled over. As I reflected, I was very lucky that I had carried my black tourmaline with me since it does absorb negativity, and transmutes it.  This small crystal probably kept me from feeling the full impact of the energy around me. Black tourmaline is a very protective crystal for the body and soul.

The learning experience then, became several things. 1) A meditation or reflection on peace. 2) A gratefulness for Black Tourmaline 3) A feeling of being blessed by having the experience and awareness, and 4) a gratefulness for the return to harmony.

May your days be filled with harmony and light!

Judith  (email judy@angelsandancestors.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy