Wednesday 3 October 2007

Working With Angels And Guides



Many people have asked me what it is like to work on a daily basis with your guides and to trust what they say even when the request for action goes against what your head/logic might tell you to do. This question is a big one for people that are just learning to consciously channel, and are not sure of what they are hearing/seeing or what they should be repeating.

First, let me say, that working with Spirit is a total commitment of Faith and Belief. One needs to have faith that the guides give you information for your greatest and highest good, and for the greatest and highest good of all concerned. One also needs to have belief that what you hear and see is in fact a reality even though no one else hears or sees quite the same thing.

If you think about it, this is not so different from every day life. When I was teaching Organizational Behavior at the University of Manitoba, one of my favorite exercises to do with a class was to stage an “incident” where individual students were willing participants in an altercation between teacher and student. We all had our scripts, and the rest of the class became “eye” witnesses. After the altercation, the students who participated would storm out of the classroom. I would tell the rest of the class that I would need incident reports from them to turn in to the University Administration. When everyone was finished writing their report, I would invite the offending students back into the class and as a group, we debriefed the incident. I was always amazed at the number of different “truths” that the students observed. Perception is definitely in the “eye” or “I” of the beholder. Yes, one’s ego plays a large role in what one observes and believes. To see this concept played out, see the movie “Runaway Jury”.

However, back to the point – when you see or hear something that no one else sees and hears, are you losing your mind? Is it real? Are your guides really talking to you? And, should you tell others about the interesting and often strange things that you hear and see, especially if it concerns them? I think each individual should decide this for themselves. I believe also in the Principle of Non-interference, or, as one of my friends calls it, “The Law of Mind Your Own Business!” A wonderful fable illustrates this concept with a story about a man flailing about in a lake. Anybody passing by would see him as drowning. When a student and his Master pass by, the student becomes concerned when his Master does not take action to save the man in the lake. The Master tells the student that the man has not cried for help, so they will not interfere, otherwise he may not learn to swim. The lesson for all of us is that by interfering in someone’s life, we may interfere with a life lesson. What usually happens when a lesson is stopped, it becomes slightly harsher when it is repeated.

You do need to determine though why it is you are being given the information. If I am to pass the information on to the person, usually my guides will tell me that this is the case, and they will also give me a time frame that I need to do this in. Additionally, if someone asks what it is you see or what it is you are getting, and they give you permission to tell them, then, by all means share your information.

A good example of when I was given information that I needed to pass on happened on one of my Microsoft business trips to a client site. I was working in an office on reports when a lady that works on the Help Desk popped in with some information that I needed. I thanked her and was going to turn back to my work when my guides said, “Ask her to sit down and chat.” Even though I was quite busy, I did this. With guidance, I then asked her what was troubling her, because she did look extremely sad. Our conversation was about the fact that she’d been diagnosed with a brain tumor on the right side of her brain. She of course was troubled about the outcome. My guides asked me to tell her about what she could do to help herself, and how she needed to care for herself, and that by following certain steps, her healing would be assured. She was very receptive to the guidance and asked for more over the next several weeks.

My time at that client site was four months, and before the work was complete, she did have the operation, and opted to return to work on a part time basis. It is in these situations where I can offer comfort and guidance that I am so very grateful to the service that I am able to provide to people with the help of my guides. Remember, I did not tell her what to do, I merely gave her guidance with her permission. I had faith in my guides and I believed that the outcome would be positive.

For those of you starting out, each time we work with our guides and follow instruction for being of service to others, we follow our own reality. If you feel uncomfortable with your information, ask for signs. Our guides give us many signs. If in doubt, follow the truth in your heart. All will be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy