Tuesday 16 November 2010

Spirit Animal - Rooster

image

Picture from www.nashvillescene.com

A rooster is a symbol of male domination, not only of the chickens, but of the farmyard.  Several sports teams have Rooster as an emblem or totem, on their team sweaters.  Roosters have been used in betting circles to stage “cock fights” and to proclaim mastery at fighting.

Rooster, however, is not happy with Man, and Man’s attempt to subvert Rooster’s natural tendencies to become a source of entertainment and profit.  Rooster has this to say about life.

  • I like to work with farmers and keep the barnyard safe by alerting the farmer to potential threats from predators.  I do not like that Man has made me a predator in the ring.  I tell everyone that being made to do something against your will is a form of slavery. Fight against it.
  • I crow as a warning to other roosters, and to foxes and wolves, and other eaters of chickens, that I am on the job.  I tell them to beware.  I see people move through life without doing any crowing.  You need to have the confidence to say, “I am great at what I do.”  Moving through life with your head up and in an alert state will protect you.
  • Roosters scratch in the dirt for food.  In this way, we stay grounded, and stay in touch with Mother Earth.  More people should ground themselves in the here and now instead of allowing their lives to drift away by fantasizing about what will not be because they have not taken action.

Judy@angelsanancestors.com

1 comment:

  1. This posting hits home for me. I thought I heard a rooster crow this morning, and I am in the middle of a city.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy