Wednesday 15 September 2010

Spirit Animal – Dove Says “Family”

image

Picture from www.fws.gov

There are times that I get up in the morning and I am tired, and I do not feel like walking my two dogs.  That feeling was with me the other morning as I left the house in yet another morning of rain. 

As I rounded the corner of our cove, a dove flew up in front of me, and almost seemed to back flap so that she could have my attention.  There were other doves in a distance, and I surmised that they were all getting ready to fly south.  However, the dove that flew up in front of me seemed to linger.

She looked at me with those Dove intelligent eyes, and then blinked.  She blinked again.  It seemed that she was flashing some sort of Morse code at me.  I let the blinks sink in – about a minute’s worth, and she flew away.

I have never learned Morse code so I had no idea what message Dove was blinking at me.  I walked with the dogs, and wondered what the message was.  As I walked, I began thinking how much like children the dogs were, and in fact, how much the dogs were like family, or more correctly, are my family.  I thought about all the pleasure that I have had out with the dogs on walks, and all the great people that I have met through the dogs.

By the time that I arrived home, I realized several things:

1.  Dogs are family, and it is okay to be tired and acknowledge the tiredness.  One still needs to do the “dog” work.

2.  I get energized from Nature, and the walks with the dogs ensures that my day starts of right.  I am grateful for that.

3.  Dove was reminding me that we need to travel with our family, like she was.  Traveling alone does not offer the support of the group, the love, and even the protection.

I thought that was pretty good advice from Dove.

judy@angelsandancestors.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy