Wednesday 9 June 2010

Spirit Animal – Dream Time Visits from Badger and Bear

I had this dream on Sunday night.  It was very real to me, and still makes me think about the role of badger and bear.  It feels like a dream with a good outcome.  What do you think?

                                ***********

I become aware that I am in a dream and I can see that I am wearing a robe, with a grey over robe or cape on top of the robe, both are ground length and made of linen. I am male, and six four, and about forty years old. I am a traveler, and full time spy. However, I am not really sure who my employer is. I look around, and I seem to be outside a small farm house, in a small farm yard, somewhere outside of Rome. I walk around the house, and wonder if it is my house. As my over robe blows out behind me, a small brown chicken tries to get in under my cloak. I ask the chicken what it is afraid of. It ducks its head, and tries to stay very close to me. I walk around the house's next corner, and find that there are stairs going up to a doorway. At that moment, a flock of chickens, about twenty or so, come running and flying around the house, behind me. They are frightened.

They fly up on the roof of the house and on the railing of the porch.  All except one gets off the ground. This last one is being chased by a badger.   image

The badger looks at me, and then grabs the chicken by the neck and bites. I hear the bones crunch. I see the blood spurt out.

The badger chews a little at the neck, and then drops the chicken, and seems quite satisfied. I know that badgers are quite dangerous and I feel that it might come after me next. I slowly back away from the badger, thinking that if I break eye contact, it will charge at me. I hear this big "Wahhhhh!" noise and wonder where the child is. I don't want to look around because I do not want to break eye contact with the badger.

image

A small force hits my leg. I look down, expecting to see a child. Instead, there is a small black bear hugging my leg. He would be about three to four months old and about twenty to twenty- five pounds. He acts like I should pick him up. I don't. I have forgotten the badger, so I now look back to where it sits. It is closer to me now, and is sitting up on his back legs, with his paws up front, much like a begging dog. Badger looks satisfied, and almost seems to be smiling.

I call out to see if anyone is around. I get nothing but silence.  That seems right because the farm feels deserted for the moment.

Perhaps the farmer and his family have gone to the village. I decide that I will follow the path that seems to lead in the direction of the village. I hurry away from the farm, down the path. I am puzzled because I did not know that Italy had black bears. I wonder what it is doing at the farm. The path I am following actually is so old that it is rutted into the ground, and my feet are going below ground level as I walk. The rut is about seven or eight inches deep. I look at the path ahead as it wanders up a hill, along side a pasture. I see grapes on a far slope. I hear a noise behind me. I glance back. The bear cub is trotting along behind me, in the rut of the path. The badger, who seems to be encouraging it, is walking up on the ground beside the path. I stop and turn around, and ask them what they think they are doing. I tell them that they cannot follow me. I tell them to leave. Badger sits back and seems to get a lighter colour - not quite white, however, more silver than dark fur. The cub looks at me with wide eyes, and "Wahhhs" again. I turn and begin to walk faster.

I glance over my shoulder, the bear cub is also moving faster, and whining with exertion. I wonder when he last ate, and I wonder how I will feed him. I stop. I accept that these animals are now my charges. I walk back and pick up the baby bear. I reach to give badger a pet, and as I reach for him, the dream dissolves, and they are gone. I wake up.

                      *******************

judy@angelsandancestors.com   Want a reading?  Pick from one of the choices at www.angelsandancestors.com/reading.html

Please see the FREE June Angels And Ancestors magazine at www.angelsandancestors.com/newsletter/mag1006.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading this blog post. Sharing is good if it is kind and either has questions or tells about an experience.

Blessings,
Judy